London with travel to Nottingham, or Nottingham with travel to London, and UK travel to our customers
Chief Operating Officer or equivalent
Our client works with healthcare organisations to achieve sustainable improvements in their performance through better use of data. We are the leading provider of healthcare analysis and clinical bench-marking solutions worldwide: our specialist teams share their world-class expertise with healthcare leaders in hundreds of leading hospitals and commissioning organisations. Our client is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telstra Health.
The Sr Agile Business Analyst’s role is to lead requirements gathering and management through workshop facilitation, product backlog grooming and continuous feedback loops with customers and internal teams.
Our client is looking for an experienced agile business analyst to participate in capability delivery related activities within the company from a business analysis perspective. The successful person will be passionate about driving business value, working on strategic initiatives, understanding cutting edge technology stacks, influencing people and improving healthcare outcomes. This person will possess the enthusiasm and resilience required to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our products and services in order to meet our client’s ambitious growth plans over the coming years.
- Documenting requirements using Agile artefacts (EPIC, User Stories)
- Managing stakeholders
- Running workshops
- Project planning
- Implementation and Release planning
- Supporting the Scrum Master when required in a servant leader capacity, in stand ups and supporting developers and devops in their delivery.
- Working with product management to ensure there is a market for the products we deliver and managing a roadmap of product delivery initiatives for the next 2-3 years.
Team leadership, strategy & planning
- To help drive the strategic direction of our products & services taking into account emerging and legacy technologies.
- To assist senior leadership to devise a tactical delivery plan which can be collaboratively carried out in order to implement improvements to our products, services, processes and knowledge sharing within the team.
- To ensure the smooth delivery of all projects, enhancements and support delivered by the team.
- To make sure that all team members have the latest in-depth knowledge of all onsite and relevant offsite aspects at the heart of all decisions on projects or enhancements that they make.
- To assist in technology and delivery methodology decision making, including standardisation of business architecture, analysis best practice, and release management processes.
Software and database development
- To keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies.
- To drive consistent standards and approaches within our business analysis team
- To help deliver products (new and updates) which are well tested and consistently error free.
- To embed into the team methodologies such as agile, lean, continuous improvement, continuous deployment, service transition, feature driven development, and other relevant capabilities.
Communication and problem solving
- To create a culture promoting new ideas or up-sell opportunities within the team for our customers.
- To actively encourage collaboration and pro-active discussions with customer, product, delivery, operational, and sales teams.
- To contribute regularly to discussions regarding internal process and system improvements in order to ensure maximum efficiency across the company. Including suggesting technical Solutions to problems.
- To instigate cross team ideas and initiatives in order to help bind our products and services together.
- To strive to ensure that processes and appropriate levels of knowledge are shared between teams, breaking down silos, and creating a culture where the development and QA teams are enablers to the business.
Industry Best Practice
- To help the company develop a strong understanding of the products, competition, industry, marketing goals and objectives of our customers.
- To efficiently and effectively manage your workload and accurately record your time using the company timesheet system
- To speak/contribute to public industry events and forums as required
- To freely share relevant knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas with teams and across the comapny
- To proactively drive innovation with new ideas and options made available by new technologies
- To maintain and actively contribute to a list of innovation & research projects
Embrace and evangelise our company’s values, which are:
- Working Better Together
- Showing You Care
- Making the Complex Simple
- Trusting Each Other to Deliver
- Finding Your Courage
Candidates should have a broad experience as a Business Analyst in an Agile environment, have a strong understanding of the full software development life cycle and a very commercially aware mindset.
Soft skills and experience
- Proven ability to participate and/or lead in Agile software development projects and ensure business objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- Ability to work confidently with senior stakeholders and challenge established working practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Making decisions.
- Creative approach to problem-solving, with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Ability to on-board quickly and independently as well as being a fast learner and astute stakeholder manager
- Healthcare product management, software delivery, solution design, and/or consulting experience, especially with exposure to clinical, commissioning, population health management, and/or system-level (STP, ACS, ACO) domains.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Experience in shaping Real Time based solutions/products
- Experience in Cloud based solutions
- GDPR, data protection and information security
- Micro-services knowledge
- Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Artificial intelligence/Machine Learning products